Pupils have been inspired by the beautiful surroundings of Sutton Valence School since 1576.
One of our greatest strengths is the relationships we foster between all of our community: staff, pupils and their families. I hope that during a family's association with the School they will feel involved, listened to and informed. By maintaining this triangle of communication between the School, the pupil and the parents we are, collectively, able to achieve so much more for the children and to support them in exceeding their potential.
All young people who attend the School are encouraged and helped to reach and surpass their full potential in the academic, artistic, sporting and cultural spheres. We want them to be confident, civilised, tolerant and open-minded human beings who possess a love of learning and a strong sense of self-discipline along with a set of values in sympathy with our principles as a Christian Foundation.
Our mission is to provide:
- A caring, supportive and inclusive environment for the education of children aged 3-18, either boarding or day;
- A challenging, relevant and broad curriculum;
- A comprehensive range of sporting, artistic, cultural and social activities, and opportunities so that children can develop skills such as teamwork, self-discipline and leadership;
- A safe, secure and stimulating environment for pupils which encourages excellence, high standards and provides support to all who need it;
- A grounding in moral and spiritual knowledge which will promote respect for others, along with self-respect.
In this way, with a view to the growth and maturity of the whole self, we come to realise through our shared participation in all things sacred and secular, something of the aspirations of our founder, William Lambe, who set us the challenge of living up to the motto, “My Trust is in God Alone.”
I look forward to welcoming you to our unique school.
MA Cantab MusB FRCO CHM